Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer in Nordeast

So I might start keeping a short story gallery of police events in the 'hood. Of course this is only entertaining for a short portion of the year, that part where people actually go outside because you won't get frostbite in 5 minutes.

As of today, we've had a couple of events. The first was several weeks ago and I don't know what was going on down at 23rd and 5th St, but the entire intersection was blocked with cars and people.

The second event occurred on Tuesday. I was driving home, coming south on 6th Ave. A few neighbors were standing outside on the sidewalks and as I rolled past a house, I saw an older 'gentleman' kneeling on a lady's back in his driveway, with her arms held fast behind her. I kept driving. I walked over towards the neighbor's house after I parked at home (this is all happening 3 doors down on the next block), and one neighbor had already called the police. By this time the lady is up and walking and the old man is yelling about wanting the police to be there before he lets her go. Apparently this was the second time this day the said-crazy lady had visited. The first time she apparently took a hammer and broke the windows and lights on the old man's vehicle. Yeah, crazy lady. So the police took her home, and she came back to break more stuff. She started walking off, I went inside, and heard a car zoom by. It was the police, the same police as earlier. They carted her off. I met 3 neightbors. It's good to know your neighbors...

The running tally:
Police cars visible from house: 2
Calls we've made to the Police: 0

No comments: