Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coming of age

I joined facebook tonight. You can find me there also. I still need to write up the Wallowa trip, the Jackson trip, and other random things. I'll get into the swing of blogging soon. I think it will help my writing skills. There, it can be a personal development task. I like things that make me better. Like today's bike ride for instance. First there was the 1 hour road ride. I think the movie theater is about 30 minutes at a normal pace, maybe 40. That will be enjoyment this summer. Biking to the movies. That makes it easier to ask for extra butter on the popcorn. Additionally today was the grocery shopping trip on the bike. Check out Trek and Bontrager's line of bike commuting accessories like the wire basket that snaps into the rack. They have numerous accessories like that, they are all part of the "interchange" system. I like the concept - if things are easy and work, people will adopt and use them. It's easy for me to use the basket. I carried it around the store, put my groceries in it, and had the checkout clerk load a canvas bag and put it all back in the basket. Snap it onto the rack and I rode home! All these years I've been using a backpack. This is MUCH easier! The big dilemma now is whether to have a road bike with the rack or keep the urban karate monkey as a city bike and have a road bike for longer rides. Honestly (and some readers will disagree) fewer bikes can be better.

For now, the Trek XO ala Pete Sandretto is for sale. 52cm, nice parts, ask if you read this and are interested.

2 comments:

Lianna said...

I can this the "I have a wiener and I'm happy" photo: http://juskuz.smugmug.com/gallery/5885753_JZawx#366006184_SvYT6

Speaking of wieners, where are the dachshund racing photos? I'm dying to see them. And I just found out that there's hampster ball racing here in the Springs in just a couple weeks. I'm there!

Lianna said...

I call this the "I have a wiener and I'm happy" photo: http://juskuz.smugmug.com/gallery/5885753_JZawx#366006184_SvYT6

Speaking of wieners, where are the dachshund racing photos? I'm dying to see them. And I just found out that there's hampster ball racing here in the Springs in just a couple weeks. I'm there!